Drug Charges Defense Lawyer Serving Cape May County & Atlantic County
What to do When Charged with a Drug Offense in New Jersey
If you have been charged with a drug offense in New Jersey, hiring the right defense attorney may be the most important decision you make. You need an experienced criminal defense attorney who understands the local system and can successfully represent you and aggressively protect your rights. I have 30 years of experience with the following:
- Drug Court
- Drug Distribution & Possession with Intent
- Drug Manufacturing
- Illegal Prescription Medications
- Marijuana Possession
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Possession of Drugs in a Motor Vehicle
- Prescription Fraud
- Search & Seizure of Cars
- Searches Without a Warrant
- Simple Possession Charges
I am John W. Tumelty, an Atlantic City drug charges lawyer who specializes in representing people charged with these offenses in Atlantic County, Cape May County and other counties in South Jersey. Don’t hesitate to contact me for a free consultation to discuss your charges. I regularly assist clients with drug cases involving the following:
- Distribution and possession with intent: If you’ve been accused of intent to distribute or actual sale and distribution of drugs, you could be facing very serious consequences.
- Drug manufacturing: In New Jersey, growing or producing illegal drugs can get you in serious trouble, especially if you are accused of manufacturing for eventual distribution.
- Simple possession: If you’ve been charged with drug possession, you may be facing jail time, criminal record consequences and driver’s license suspension.
- Marijuana possession: Simple possession of marijuana is the single most common drug charge and is often brought in conjunction with drug paraphernalia charges.
- Searches without a warrant: The police need to meet certain conditions before they can search a car, home or business without a warrant or consent.
- Prescription fraud: If you’ve been charged with obtaining prescription medication by fraud, you could be facing significant jail time and other consequences.
- Drug conspiracy charges: Even if you are not accused of actually committing a drug offense, you could be charged with being part of a drug conspiracy.
- School zone and public zone offenses: Any drug offense committed near a school or in a public area such as a park or beach can result in much higher penalties.
I am available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to address my clients’ urgent needs. Call me today at 609-390-4600 to discuss what I can do to defend you against drug charges.