Atlantic City Sex Crimes Lawyer Defending Clients in Atlantic & Cape May County
Defending Clients Against All Types of Sex Offenses & Charges
Sex crimes in New Jersey carry serious consequences, including jail time and sex offender registration under Megan’s Law. If you have been charged with a sex crime in New Jersey, you need to talk to a tough and experienced local criminal defense attorney right away.
I am John W. Tumelty, an Atlantic City sex crimes lawyer with offices in Atlantic County and Cape May County. If you have been accused of a sex offense, contact me today at 609-390-4600 for a free consultation to learn what your rights are and what I can do to defend you against these criminal charges.
Fighting Serious Sentencing & Megan’s Law Consequences
I am a former prosecutor with real experience getting clients acquitted of sex charges, including clients who have been charged with multiple offenses. I defend clients against all types of sex crime accusations, including but not limited to the following:
- Sexual assault: If you have been accused of rape or other illegal sexual contact, I will stand up for your rights and make sure your side of the story is told.
- Internet sex crimes: Were you arrested for a sex crime based on evidence obtained over the Internet? If so, I will make sure your constitutional rights are respected.
- Child pornography: If you have been charged with possession or distribution of child pornography, I will seek all opportunities to defend you against these serious accusations.
- Child abuse and molestation: When you have been accused of child abuse, you need someone to take your side and aggressively defend you. I can help.
- Prostitution: If you have been accused of engaging in, soliciting or promoting prostitution, I will carefully evaluate the best defense strategy for your case.
Most sex crime charges come under Megan’s Law, which means that if you are convicted, you will have to register as a sex offender for life, and you will be permanently subject to more than 20 legal restrictions, including limits on where you are allowed to live and work.
I have 30 years of criminal law experience and am a New Jersey Supreme Court certified criminal trial attorney. If you have been charged with a sex crime, call me now to get an aggressive defense lawyer on your side. I can be reached 24-hours a day, seven days a week at 609-390-4600.