Criminal Defense Law Offices of John W. Tumelty
30 Years of Criminal Law & DWI Experience in New Jersey
- Former State Prosecutor – Deputy Attorney General with the New Jersey Attorney General’s Office, Division of Criminal Justice
- Former Assistant County Prosecutor – Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office, Trial Section
- A New Jersey Supreme Court Certified Criminal Trial Attorney
- 30-years Criminal Law Experience as a Defense Attorney and Former Prosecutor
- Offices in Atlantic City and Ocean City Area
South New Jersey Criminal Defense Attorney
I am a Criminal Defense attorney and I devote my entire practice to representing those charged with Criminal Offenses and DWI Charges. I have been practicing Criminal Law in New Jersey for 28 years. As a former state prosecutor, I investigated and prosecuted white collar felony crimes. As a former assistant county prosecutor, I prosecuted major felony crimes including murder, attempted murder, felony murder, armed robbery, aggravated sexual assault, aggravated assault, and all types of drug crimes.
I left the county prosecutor’s office to begin my own criminal law practice in South Jersey. I have successfully defended clients charged with all types of crimes including murder, felony murder, armed robbery, aggravated sexual assault, sexual assault, fraud, official misconduct, theft, and all types of drug offenses and DWI.
I am a sole practitioner and I will personally be by your side during the entire case working toward an expeditious and favorable resolution for you. My goal is to get you through this without having a criminal record or on a DWI case, without losing your driver’s license.
Certified Legal Specialties
- A NJ SUPREME COURT CERTIFIED CRIMINAL TRIAL ATTORNEY SINCE 1995 – There are approximately 45,000 attorneys in New Jersey. However, less than 2% are qualified as a certified trial attorney by the State Supreme Court.
- New Jersey, 1984
- Pennsylvania, 1983
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware
- J.D. – 1983
- Rider College, Lawrenceville, New Jersey
- Major: Accounting
Pro Bono Activities
- New Jersey State Bar District Ethics Committee, 2004 – 2008
I am available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For a free consultation, you can call my office toll free at 609-390-4600 or send me an e-mail.